Campus Community Research Award
The Campus-Community Research Incubator Program (CCRI) is a small grant mechanism designed to foster collaborative research-oriented projects between university researchers and community organizations.
There are two levels of grant funding available:
1. Pilot CCRI $8,000-$10,000 (for research applications)
2. Mini CCRI $3,000-$5,000 (for capacity and partnership building applications).
The estimated funding period is April 1 - March 31.
This funding opportunity is currently closed. For more information please contact Robynn Zender; email@example.com
Grants are awarded only to teams comprised of UCI researchers and community organization representatives. Applicants can be:
- 501c3 Community organizations
- UCI-based researchers, including faculty, healthcare providers, post-doctoral researchers, graduate students, or senior researchers
Proposals must demonstrate an active engagement between UCI researchers and community representatives. Specifically, projects must demonstrate they are co-designed and clearly state the anticipated benefits to each partner.
All projects require UCI Human Research Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval or an exemption determination prior to funds being released. It is recommended that the IRB application be submitted prior to final submission of this funding application. In addition to UCI IRB approval, community organizations may have their own IRB processes.
All personnel on proposals must take the Human Subjects Protections and HIPAA tutorial prior to funds being disbursed.
Human Subject Protection https://www.citiprogram.org/Default.asp
All applications must be submitted electronically.
Types of Awards
Awards may be used for:
- Research-based activities: Pilot CCRI $8,000-$10,000 (for research applications)
- Research activities include but are not limited to data collection, analyses, and/or pilot studies.
- An example of a pilot CCRI is a study that will generate findings to be further studied or tested in a larger follow-up research study.
- Fifty-one percent (51%) of research funds are distributed directly to the community partner
- Capacity- and partnership-building activities: Mini CCRI $3,000-$5,000 (for capacity and partnership building applications)
- Capacity-building and project planning activities include but are not limited to trainings, data set organization, technology, project development for future research.
If you have questions, please contact
Robynn Zender, MS
CEU Manager, Community Research
949-824-3160 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org