The Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) Unit's mission is to contribute to the acceleration of treatment discoveries across the spectrum of human disease/injury by providing and promoting exceptional biostatistical collaboration and education.
Who we serve
We support researchers on all types of projects, ranging from brief/limited consultation for statistical advice to long-term partnership on large, interdisciplinary-program projects, multi-center trials, and population-based studies.
Services we provide
Specific consultation and collaboration services include:
- Grant proposal
- Research collaboration
- Leadership on program project statistical & data coordinating cores
- Study design, statistical analysis plan
- Power and sample size calculation
- Data analysis and interpretation, statistical advice
- Manuscript/Poster/Abstract review and preparation
- Response to reviewers
- IRB application
- Biostatistical education, Seminars on biostatistics
- Training in the use of statistical software, Research database design
To maximize scientific excellence, consultation and partnership with the BERD Unit at the early planning stages of your study is critical.